V4REV update -- remove dialog CLOSE BEFORE.

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon Sep 5 16:24:04 CDT 2005

>On 9/5/05 5:30 AM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:
>
>>  With regards to the examples, there are several issues piling up.
>>  One, the development and design has been tailored upon v4rb and v4md
>>  which are simply speaking different development environments.
>
>Robert,
>
>Environments yes different. But both intended for development of modern
>applications right?

Right. But it does not mean you can develop the same application in both.

>And if some task is more correct to be solved in few windows in our opinion,
>then problem NOT in environments...

We are not talking about correctness in this case.

>  > Two, there have never been a comprehensive set of examples for
>vxcmd, so this
>>  is a completely new effort and it is not surprising that mistakes are made.
>
>>  Three, you (plural) factored them in a way that is
>>  not optimal for Rev (would be for RB).
>
>Ok, I think we just stupid. :-)

Nobody says that. I have been developing in xTalks for some 16 years
and am still learning.

>I'd like to hear not general phrases: it is mistake.

I gave you a detailed suggestion how one of the examples could be redesigned.

>BUT please do not say that we must put all 50 dbs of examples into single
>database, that we must squeeze all our windows into single window...

Who said this? I have no problem with each example creating its own
database. I just suggested to have all database files in a subfolder
to make the cleanup and file navigation simpler. I sent the
suggestion of specific code changes to Ivan.

In terms of reducing number of windows per example, it is a matter of
usability and practicality. We want to be able to open more than one
example at a time. If you can do it cleanly with your current design,
go ahead.

Robert