V4REV update -- design

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Sep 4 19:49:21 CDT 2005

On 9/4/05 7:41 PM, "Trevor DeVore" <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

>>> However, I think it is possible to redesign things to use a single
>>> window per example, may be with tabs when needed.
>>
>> Why ?!!
>>
>> We have this design in REALbasic.
>
> Revolution is not REALbasic.  And as Revolution users, we like it
> that way ;-)

:-)

>> People. If this is normal for Revolution, then believe me,
>> Revolution will NEVER become tool for collective work/development and
>> therefore for enterprise use.
>
> These are examples.  Not a major development project.  The way you
> design an example that teaches basic functions of how to use db calls
> is not how you would design large application.

Trevor, we have a lots of examples!!!
So it become itself big project.

Just to open each example, and test it, takes 8-10 hours of work.

I do not say how many it will take to CHANGE each example and again make
sure it works....

And more probably the number of examples will grow.
This is why we here try simplify our job and make it consistent.

>> REALbasic also did have this problem, and they constantly improve
>> self in this are.
>
> RunRev is aware that improvements need to be made in this area.

This is good.

>> You CANNOT do collective development using SINGLE spaces...
>
> Again, these are examples.  Not a major development project.

But we have TEAM.
And we often want team work on examples and projects.