V4REV update -- remove dialog CLOSE BEFORE.

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sun Sep 4 09:41:53 CDT 2005

On Sep 4, 2005, at 12:27 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 9/2/05 7:14 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:
>
>>> The problem I see with opening multiple examples is that some
>>> examples use multiple windows.  One you open two examples you could
>>> have up to 5 or 6 windows open and you would need to keep track of
>>> what is doing what.
>>
>> Actually, the number of windows open is one issue. Another is that, I
>> think, some of those ancilliary windows are re-used by multiple
>> examples (like the WProperties stack), so they would need to be
>> cloned for each example.
>>
>> However, I think it is possible to redesign things to use a single
>> window per example, may be with tabs when needed.
>
> Why ?!!
>
> We have this design in REALbasic.

Revolution is not REALbasic.  And as Revolution users, we like it
that way ;-)

> In REALbasic all this helper windows we have even as SEPARATE
> module, which
> developers can easy drop into own project and use. This is normal
> way to
> create re-used libs/tools/utils.

The way to create libs/tools/utils in REALBasic is not the same in
Revolution.

> I am very wondered that Revolution developers tend put all into single
> space:
>
>     single global space for examples
>     single database for examples
>     single window
>
> People. If this is normal for Revolution, then believe me,
> Revolution will NEVER become tool for collective work/development and
> therefore for enterprise use.

These are examples.  Not a major development project.  The way you
design an example that teaches basic functions of how to use db calls
is not how you would design large application.

> REALbasic also did have this problem, and they constantly improve
> self in
> this are.

RunRev is aware that improvements need to be made in this area.

> You CANNOT do collective development using SINGLE spaces...

Again, these are examples.  Not a major development project.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com