V4REV update -- design

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sun Sep 4 11:08:41 CDT 2005

On Sep 4, 2005, at 9:49 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>>> People. If this is normal for Revolution, then believe me,
>>> Revolution will NEVER become tool for collective work/development
>>> and
>>> therefore for enterprise use.
>>
>> These are examples.  Not a major development project.  The way you
>> design an example that teaches basic functions of how to use db calls
>> is not how you would design large application.
>
> Trevor, we have a lots of examples!!!
> So it become itself big project.
>
> Just to open each example, and test it, takes 8-10 hours of work.
>
> I do not say how many it will take to CHANGE each example and again
> make
> sure it works....
>
> And more probably the number of examples will grow.
> This is why we here try simplify our job and make it consistent.

Ah, I see.  We are approaching this from two different perspectives.
I am looking at it from the learner.  You are looking at it from the
perspective of the person creating the content.

One thing to remember is that the project that you work on in a
development team doesn't have to be what you deliver to the
customer.  Revolution allows for a high level of automation in this
regard.

>>> You CANNOT do collective development using SINGLE spaces...
>>>

>> Again, these are examples.  Not a major development project.
>>

> But we have TEAM.
> And we often want team work on examples and projects.

You could set up a workflow that met the needs of your development
team but delivered the all-in-one example that Revolution needs.
Revolution developers have set up this type of workflow before.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com