V4REV update -- remove dialog CLOSE BEFORE.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Sep 4 10:27:39 CDT 2005

On 9/2/05 7:14 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

>> The problem I see with opening multiple examples is that some
>> examples use multiple windows.  One you open two examples you could
>> have up to 5 or 6 windows open and you would need to keep track of
>> what is doing what.
>>

> Actually, the number of windows open is one issue. Another is that, I
> think, some of those ancilliary windows are re-used by multiple
> examples (like the WProperties stack), so they would need to be
> cloned for each example.
>
> However, I think it is possible to redesign things to use a single
> window per example, may be with tabs when needed.

Why ?!!

We have this design in REALbasic.

In REALbasic all this helper windows we have even as SEPARATE module, which
developers can easy drop into own project and use. This is normal way to
create re-used libs/tools/utils.

I am very wondered that Revolution developers tend put all into single
space:

    single global space for examples
    single database for examples
    single window

People. If this is normal for Revolution, then believe me,
Revolution will NEVER become tool for collective work/development and
therefore for enterprise use.

REALbasic also did have this problem, and they constantly improve self in
this are.

You CANNOT do collective development using SINGLE spaces...