V4REV update -- remove dialog CLOSE BEFORE.

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Sep 2 07:20:24 CDT 2005

On Sep 2, 2005, at 6:44 AM, Robert Brenstein wrote:

>> Robert, it seems some times ago we have discussed this issue.
>> And as far as I remember we've decided to use alert on.
>>
>> Personally I  don't  think that automatically closed stacks would
>> be appropriate
>> thing.
>>
>> After  all it is just a set of examples "How to use V4Rev - not
>> how to
>> create robust nice-looking Revolution app" :)
>
> Yes, closing previous example automatically is definitely not user-
> friendly.  Displaying an alert is better since it tells user what
> is going on. It is trivial to implement and matches what happens if
> I try to open an example before initing Valentina.
>
> On the other hand, the examples stack should be quite robust as far
> as operating, although it does not have to be a properly polished
> Revolution app (just to clarify the use of 'robust').

Hmm, I would disagree about the user-friendliness.  The examples
currently contain a table of contents.  When I click on a table of
contents I expect to navigate from what I am currently viewing to the
new topic I clicked on.  Right now I have two extra steps - 1) Close
the example I am currently looking at and 2) click the table of
contents again.  In my mind that is less user-friendly.

In the end this isn't a big deal and perhaps just personal preference.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com