V4REV update -- remove dialog CLOSE BEFORE.

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Fri Sep 2 15:44:26 CDT 2005

>Hello Ruslan, Trevor, Robert
>
>Friday, September 2, 2005, 10:42:44 AM, you wrote:
>
>RZ> On 9/1/05 7:33 PM, "Trevor DeVore"
>RZ> <trevor at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:
>
>>>  The Revolution bug definitely needs to be fixed.  The alert dialog is
>>>  not due to this though.  The example stack is currently made up of
>>>  one main stack and multiple substacks.  Since the external is only
>>>  being loaded by the main stack there isn't an issue with Revolution
>>>  crashing.  You can have as many of the substacks (each example is a
>>>  substack) open as you like.  Of course, you wouldn't want to do this
>>>  because you would have windows all over the place.  What should
>>>  happen with the current design is that when you select a new tutorial
>>>  the currently open one should close.
>
>RZ> Aha,
>
>RZ> So you want that instead of dialog:
>
>RZ>     you can not open example before close other
>
>RZ> We just close automatically opened example, and open new selected?
>
>RZ> Well, do you think this is ok?
>RZ> If yes, then Ivan you can do this easy I think.
>

>Robert, it seems some times ago we have discussed this issue.
>And as far as I remember we've decided to use alert on.
>
>Personally I  don't  think that automatically closed stacks would be
>appropriate
>thing.
>
>After  all it is just a set of examples "How to use V4Rev - not how to
>create robust nice-looking Revolution app" :)
>
>--
>Best regards,
>  Ivan                            mailto:IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua

Yes, closing previous example automatically is definitely not
user-friendly.  Displaying an alert is better since it tells user
what is going on. It is trivial to implement and matches what happens
if I try to open an example before initing Valentina.

On the other hand, the examples stack should be quite robust as far
as operating, although it does not have to be a properly polished
Revolution app (just to clarify the use of 'robust').

Robert