V4REV update -- remove dialog CLOSE BEFORE.

Ivan Smahin IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 2 11:10:53 CDT 2005

Hello Ruslan, Trevor, Robert

Friday, September 2, 2005, 10:42:44 AM, you wrote:

RZ> On 9/1/05 7:33 PM, "Trevor DeVore"
RZ> <trevor at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

>> The Revolution bug definitely needs to be fixed.  The alert dialog is
>> not due to this though.  The example stack is currently made up of
>> one main stack and multiple substacks.  Since the external is only
>> being loaded by the main stack there isn't an issue with Revolution
>> crashing.  You can have as many of the substacks (each example is a
>> substack) open as you like.  Of course, you wouldn't want to do this
>> because you would have windows all over the place.  What should
>> happen with the current design is that when you select a new tutorial
>> the currently open one should close.

RZ> Aha,

RZ> So you want that instead of dialog:

RZ>     you can not open example before close other

RZ> We just close automatically opened example, and open new selected?

RZ> Well, do you think this is ok?
RZ> If yes, then Ivan you can do this easy I think.

Robert, it seems some times ago we have discussed this issue.
And as far as I remember we've decided to use alert on.

Personally I  don't  think that automatically closed stacks would be appropriate
thing.

After  all it is just a set of examples "How to use V4Rev - not how to
create robust nice-looking Revolution app" :)

 Ivan                            mailto:IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua