[VREV] showing results

ron barber rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Thu Oct 6 13:39:21 CDT 2005

Hi Ruslan,

I am just now starting to implement V4REV 2 into my existing app and I
am struggling a little with the learning curve of the new syntax. Bear
with my ignorance.

1.  In v 1.0 I used things like:
put Valentina("DataBase_SQLSelect",dbRef,theSQL) into cursorRef
put Valentina("Cursor_GetRecord",CursorRef,10) & return after newtext

or like:
put Valentina("DataBase_SQLSelectRecords",dbRef,theSQL) into newtext

SQLSelectRecords returned the actual text of the records
SQLSelect returned a cursorref which GetRecord could then return the
text of the records.

In v 2.0 I am using
put VDatabase_SqlSelect(dbRef,theSQL) into cursref

This of course gives me a reference to a cursor but how do I show the
records?  This is so basic but I have looked at arraysets, and moving
up and down the records but have been unsuccessful. I have spend time
with the tutorials and the references but ignorance has clouded my
mind. Thanks for your help.

2. You said about system encoding:
> Note, you cannot send here only UTF16, because Rev external cannot use
> this.
> You should also convert it to UTF8.

My plan is to make a valdb with UTF16 and read/search it directly from
REV through Val. Is this not possible?

Thanks
Ron