Escapestring not escaping ^

jda jda at his.com
Tue Nov 1 08:50:46 CST 2005

>Tell me please. Does your user know that he uses REGEX search?
>Does user can enter REGEX symbols to do powerful REGEX search?
>

>If NO -- then .... Then your user do not use REGEX power.
>          then you can simply use LIKE search and do not care
>          about escaping of REGEX special symbols.

Hi Ruslan,

This is what I do -- the user knows nothing about Regex.

I used to use LIKE in V1, but changed to Regex in V2 (you told us it
was the same as LIKE in V1). All searches are case-insensitive. I
forget now, but I thought that LIKE was not as sophisticated as
REGEX, and couldn't do the same kind of searches. Am I wrong? What's
the difference between LIKE and REGEX?

Jon