Cache

Olivier Vidal vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Mon May 16 07:17:30 CDT 2005

Hi Jon and list,

> I have a user with a 34,000 record database. It works acceptably in
> Valentina 1.x. But in 2.x it is too slow to really use.
>
> He sent me the db, and here's what I found...
>
> The with V2 is 187 MB!

and with V1 ?

> With a 100 MB cache it takes several minutes to open.

VERY BAD NEWS...

Moreover, 100 Mb of cache it is really a lot for a db of 187 Mb.
There is a big problem.
Especially that 34000 records, it is not a lot.

> When I tried to export and then import the records (again, 100 MB
> cache) it got to 10870 imported and it stopped with the spinning
> beachball (I had to turn off the power and reboot to gain control of
> the computer).

Have you unique fields?
If yes, try in removing the capture of exceptions.
I have the same problem during my imports.
But we saw that it came from Realbasic and from the capture of
exceptions.