paradigma store glitches

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Jun 29 01:44:44 CDT 2005

I just went to Paradigma Online store to see about getting V2 license.

a) I have accidently discovered that there was a special last week on
the occasion of RevConWest which I do not recall seeing announced on
any list.

b) When I select v1 to v2  or v2 to v2 upgrade, the item that is put
into the shopping cart has no name and costs nothing.

c) Billing Information requires State/Province even though this
applies really to US and Canada only (fortunately, one can cheat it
with non-breaking space) and Telephone (that seems so archaic :).

d) To apply a discount voucher one has to first place an order.
Normally, one applies discount while checking out, so we know the end
charge. If one mistypes a voucher code, full amount is being charged.
I don't think this follows the rules from credit card providers.

e) entering 0 as quantity, when viewing cart, and recalculating, does
not delete an entry or zero out the total but puts empty string into
product name and 0.00 into cost.

f) no info about the shopping process. Is there a formal invoice
available for printing at the end? Is the license key given on-screen
immediately after the purchase or being emailed later on? are sales
taxes or VAT applied or included?

Robert