paradigma store glitches

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Jun 28 19:23:59 CDT 2005

> I just went to Paradigma Online store to see about getting V2 license.
>
> a) I have accidently discovered that there was a special last
> week on the occasion of RevConWest which I do not recall
> seeing announced on any list.

It was announced on the Rev list and on the Valentina list -- it was in the
Valentina 2 for Revolution announcement.

You should have come -- we even gave out a ton of blue baseball caps with
the Valentina gear and shuttle :-)

> b) When I select v1 to v2  or v2 to v2 upgrade, the item that
> is put into the shopping cart has no name and costs nothing.

Strange. Ruslan, can you have someone check this?

> d) To apply a discount voucher one has to first place an order.
> Normally, one applies discount while checking out, so we know
> the end charge. If one mistypes a voucher code, full amount
> is being charged.
> I don't think this follows the rules from credit card providers.

This is something that should be changed. What Id really like is have a
voucher code that calculates during the the Add to Cart process. We had to
rush this out to allow for the voucher for RevCon.

> e) entering 0 as quantity, when viewing cart, and
> recalculating, does not delete an entry or zero out the total
> but puts empty string into product name and 0.00 into cost.
>
> f) no info about the shopping process. Is there a formal
> invoice available for printing at the end? Is the license key
> given on-screen immediately after the purchase or being
> emailed later on? are sales taxes or VAT applied or included?

Its not a pretty cart. I agree, it needs most of these things. We don't
apply sales tax or VAT for the simple reason all business processes pass
through the lovely, wooded and rainy state of Oregon, where there is no
sales tax (but we do have an assisted suicide law and medical marijuana).

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software, Inc

Joining Worlds of Information

Deploy True Client-Server Database Solutions
Royalty Free with Valentina Developer Network