[V4REV] Constants

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sun Jun 19 18:01:28 CDT 2005

>Currently, there is not variable name but just a string which is
>parsed on plugin side.
>

>--
>Best regards,
>Ivan Smahin

It is a string if it is quoted, ie "kUnique".

If it is not quoted, ie kUnique, Rev checks first if it is an
existing variable. If it is not, it creates a variable on the fly and
sets its value to its name. At least that is what I understand as
general operating procedure.

For your function, the value passed is the same in both cases, but
the process is somewhat different.

Quoting will be required for "kIndexed + kUnique"; otherwise, users
will get runtime error unless they define kIndexed and kUnique as
variables or constants themselves.

I have no clue whether adding OO features and thus a special meaning
to a period inside an unquoted string will break this or not. This is
why I suggested to consult with RunRev team.

Robert