[V4REV] Constants

Ivan Smahin IvanSmahin at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jun 19 18:20:15 CDT 2005

Hello Robert,

Robert Brenstein wrote:
> One small thing to consider yet, may be at least consult with RunRev
> team, is the issue of period in the constant name. It might be safer to
> replace it with underscore. Right now, Rev treats the whole name as a
> literal, so there is no problem, but who knows what happens when they
> add OO stuff that introduces special meaning to period. We were told not
> to use period in variable names.

In some cases we are expecting combination of enum values as single param.

I mean something like this: "kIndexed + kUnique"

So we always consider such param as a string delimitered by some set of
possible delimiters.

If Rev team will implement enums we get the ability to operate with them
as integers values ( alike C++ ) on the scripting side.

And, therefore - we will simplify the plugin logic to accept enum values
instead of string.

Currently, there is not variable name but just a string which is parsed
on plugin side.

Ivan Smahin