[V4REV] Constants

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jun 19 20:35:49 CDT 2005

On 6/19/05 7:01 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

>> Currently, there is not variable name but just a string which is
>> parsed on plugin side.
>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Ivan Smahin
>
> It is a string if it is quoted, ie "kUnique".
>
> If it is not quoted, ie kUnique, Rev checks first if it is an
> existing variable. If it is not, it creates a variable on the fly and
> sets its value to its name. At least that is what I understand as
> general operating procedure.

Yes, this is the only way.

> For your function, the value passed is the same in both cases, but
> the process is somewhat different.
>
> Quoting will be required for "kIndexed + kUnique"; otherwise, users
> will get runtime error unless they define kIndexed and kUnique as
> variables or constants themselves.

right

This should be pointed in docs by big letters!

> I have no clue whether adding OO features and thus a special meaning
> to a period inside an unquoted string will break this or not. This is
> why I suggested to consult with RunRev team.

Robert,

Your point is very correct....
If we use DOT, then we still can future use quotes...

With underscores we get:

        EVOnDelete_kCascade

        "EVFlag_fIndexed + EVFlag_fUnique"

        "fIndexed + fUnique"

Well, also acceptable...

-------
Ivan, you have implement  "+"  for flags ?
Not coma ?