V4RB crashes on launch

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jan 25 14:35:15 CST 2005

> Ruslan,
>
> I see what the bug is, now.
>
> I have two copies of the Valentinat VComponents files, one in
> CFMSupport and one in the folder with my app. You told me to do this
> so I can run my project in RB and also my standalone (for
> distribution the files will be in the same folder as the app).
>
> This worked for b37.
>
> In b38 this -> crash.
>
> I removed all the support VComponent *files* from the app folder ->
> still crashed.
>
> I removed the Resources folder (now *everything* was out of the app
> folder) -> runs.
>
> You should be able to reproduce this with my project.

* I know. It seems I have not finish APP-folder way for b39.

* "resources" folder is indicator where DLLs are.
    this is important.

* so yes for now you need simply move all to ROOT.

And Jown, while you work in DEBUG and in REALbasic
Then no need move Valentina DLLs into app folder!

You need do this steps I think:

* when you compile RELESE APP, you get app file.

* now I recommend to have some script that will build YOUR archive that you
upload to people. And this script will copy your app and Vcomponents dlls
into that new folder.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com