V4RB crashes on launch

jda jda at his.com
Tue Jan 25 07:22:54 CST 2005

>  > I trashed my preferences and all old databases. Here's the crash report:
>>
>>  Thread 0 Crashed:
>>  0   vshared_carbon_cw.shlb          0x000f3bb4 0xf2000 + 0x1bb4
>>  1   Kernel_Carbon_Final.shlb        0x0205472c
>>  get_Path__Q23fbl20Location_Disk_FSSpecCFv + 0x74
>>  2   Kernel_Carbon_Final.shlb        0x023d8090
>>  Valentina_Init_ICU__3fblFv + 0x24
>>  3   Kernel_Carbon_Final.shlb        0x023d7bd4
>>  ValentinaInit__3fblFUlPcPc + 0x3c
>>  4   Kernel_Carbon_Final.shlb        0x023d7b58
>>  ValentinaInitL__3fblFUlPcPc + 0x10
>>  5   Plugin                          0x00528bf0
>>  V4RB_RegisterErrorCodes__Fv + 0x2c
>>  6   Plugin                          0x0050f638 PluginEntry + 0x24c
>>

>>  Jon
>
>As far as I see, Frank and Oliver was able to run b38...

Ruslan,

I see what the bug is, now.

I have two copies of the Valentinat VComponents files, one in
CFMSupport and one in the folder with my app. You told me to do this
so I can run my project in RB and also my standalone (for
distribution the files will be in the same folder as the app).

This worked for b37.

In b38 this -> crash.

I removed all the support VComponent *files* from the app folder ->
still crashed.

I removed the Resources folder (now *everything* was out of the app
folder) -> runs.

You should be able to reproduce this with my project.

Jon