problem with SQL query on binaryLink

Olivier vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 25 07:52:17 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan and list,

The mantis is  inalienable this morning, then I detail this bug (on b37
AND b38) here:

In a DB with two tables linked by binarylinks (create by the small
project sent yesterday).

City table : 40 002 records
Streets table : 100 000 records

30 000 records of table street are linked to 1 record of table city.
2 records of table street are linked to 1 OTHER record of table city.
This 2 records of table city have a stringfield (" zipcode ") = '75000'

If I launch the following SQL query (with my app or ViSQL), the FIRST
time, after the opening of the DB:

SELECT * FROM ZipCity join street on linkcitystreet where zipcode =
'75000'

Result: 2 records ( FALSE)

If I relaunch the same SQL query SECOND time (and ALL the times later):

Result: 30 002 records ( TRUE)

I suppose that it is a problem with the cache.
What is surprising, it is that I tried to reproduce the problem with a
small DB. There everything works without problem.

I send DB to Ruslan.

thank you

Olivier