[V4RB 0000059]: Set path to VComponents

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at axint.net
Thu Jan 13 08:13:52 CST 2005

Hi guys,

On Jan 13, 2005, at 5:59 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 1/13/05 2:44 PM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:
>
>>> In fact Valentina now self will do all job. Property is not needed!
>>>

>> Hi Ruslan, that's great. But, hm, I'm not sure what your comment
>> means. Valentina searches the hard drive for VComponents? What
>> happens if there is more than one folder?
>
> For MacOS we have next rule
>
> 1) search in APP folder.
>
> 2) if not found in App folder then search
>     Home/Library/CFMSupport/Vcomponents
>
>         point 2 is not implemented yet.
>
> 3) if not found then search
>     Library/CFMSupport/Vcomponents
>

> So the most correct step I think will be for developer to
> 1) compile own app as CARBON (not Macho)
> 2) simply copy all files from VComponents to App folder.
>
> You will get something as:
>
>     MyAppFolder
>         MyApplication
>         icu lis
>         resources
>         kenrel libs

Can we have the option of compiling a MachO application and placing the
VComponents inside the .app? So they would reside in

MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/VComponents/

That way they are completely hidden from view and we can be a first
class Mac OS X application.

> Still is open question:
>     should we future provide support of
>
>      Library/CFMSupport/MyAppComponents
>
> I.e. Developer may wish still to have VComponents folder as separate
> one.
> Hmm, I think I can easy do this. Just use "nameofapp SPACE Vcomponents"
>
>     "viSQL Components"

Nice, but I'd rather have the option mentioned above.