[V4RB 0000059]: Set path to VComponents

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 13 17:18:19 CST 2005

On 1/13/05 5:13 PM, "Frank Schima" <macsforever2000 at axint.net> wrote:

>> For MacOS we have next rule
>>
>> 1) search in APP folder.
>>
>> 2) if not found in App folder then search
>>     Home/Library/CFMSupport/Vcomponents
>>
>>         point 2 is not implemented yet.
>>
>> 3) if not found then search
>>     Library/CFMSupport/Vcomponents
>>

>> So the most correct step I think will be for developer to
>> 1) compile own app as CARBON (not Macho)
>> 2) simply copy all files from VComponents to App folder.
>>
>> You will get something as:
>>
>>     MyAppFolder
>>         MyApplication
>>         icu lis
>>         resources
>>         kenrel libs
>
> Can we have the option of compiling a MachO application and placing the
> VComponents inside the .app? So they would reside in
>
> MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/VComponents/
>
> That way they are completely hidden from view and we can be a first
> class Mac OS X application.

I have try this Frank, but it crashes on not clear reason.
Crashes it seems in the code of REALbasic.

It needs to play more with this. Just even now I have kill 3 full days to
make it working.

In Valentina studio this works, but Jochen use our C++ macho libs.
V4RB is related to our Carbon libs. I do not see why this can't work.
So may be in near future we will find solution.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com