ALTERNATIVE: getting recids feature request

Dave Parizek dave at Parizek.com
Mon Feb 21 15:29:24 CST 2005

An alternative to my request below would be if
mCursor.field(1).table.name would return the name of the original
table that the field is in, as opposed to a generic name produced by
the fact the table is in a join = "_Join_Table_1_"  Or another
alternative would be to have a new property for Field that returns
the original table name of that field.

--Dave

This is a feature request for the future, maybe 2.1?

If I have a query string like this:

select Notes.RecID, People.RecID, f1, f2 from People, Notes

and I get a cursor for it with sqlselect

With V1.x, the only way to get the value of each recid for a specific
record was via mCursor.field(index).getstring.  You can't get it by
field name because both RecID fields are named "RecID".

If possible it would be really cool if you could get by name, with
the recid fields being named "tablename.recid" instead of just
"recid".

--Dave

Dave Parizek
Dave at RemainderZ.com

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."
                  -- Groucho Marx