Problem with RB?? Do you have same experiences

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Mon Feb 21 17:57:09 CST 2005

HI,

I had now following situation more than one time, so I think it is
problem in RB and I am interested how are your experiences.

I made a lot of tests yesterday with my app and V4RB2b47

Everything works fine, but I had also some crashes in application with
the standard MacOS X error message do you want to send eMail to Apple.
I didn't restartet RB 5.5.3 I only restarted Run in DebugMode. After a
while functionality which worked until fine suddenly crashed. At first
I thought database is corrupted, but I made new database and
application crashed again.

Then after all was working fine I deactivated DebugLevel for V4RB and
tried to import data to database. With DebugLevel on everything was
fine with DebugLevel Off application crashed by importing. Now after
rebooting system I tested again, and what I could reproduce yesterday
every time I can't. Now DebugLevel = OFF everything is fine. The only
thing from yesterday and this morning to nw is, that I restartet RB
5.5.3.

Do you have same experiences? How often is it neccessary to restart RB?
In my point of view it seems that RB has a problem when
Debug-App-Crashed. Sometimes it crashed because it crashed before and
sometimes it doesn't crashed. Funny thing but IMHO interesting for here
because by testing V4RB2 I have a lot of crashed forced by V4RB2
(something I expected because of my coding ;-)) but this makes RB also
instabil.

bye

Claudius

--
G4/733 QS / MacOS X 10.3.7de / RB 5.5.3de/ Valentina 1.10.0 & 2.0bX
Homepage	http://www.ClaSai.de