[ATTENTION], "problem" with FolderItem.Exists

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Feb 21 10:19:31 CST 2005

On 2/21/05 7:15 AM, "Kevin Windham" <kevo at gatorgraphics.com> wrote:

Hi Kevin,

>> ------------------------
>> Jon,
>>
>> In your project using this workaround I have change line
>>
>>   myDB = new FolderItem( pathDB )
>>
>> On this code:
>>
>>   pathDB = defaultDBFolderItem.AbsolutePath
>>   myDB = new FolderItem( pathDB )
>>
>> And now your project works with no problems.
>>

> I wonder what the rest of the code is. This code doesn't seem to do
> anything as far as RB is concerned. The end result is the same and on
> one folderitem is created just like the first bit of code. I'm just
> wondering if this is really a bug in RB or just an abuse of folderitem
> in some way.

In the first letter I have write on start

* this is REALBasic bug.
   you should put this bug into their bug system.

The lines
   pathDB = defaultDBFolderItem.AbsolutePath
   myDB = new FolderItem( pathDB )

Is workaround of this bug. Jon have also even better workaround,
He use not absolute path, but extract parent folderitem and name
And using this reconstruct new folderitem.

Kevin, you are right, result is the same.
And we MUST NOT do this if all right.
But we have little bug in REALbasic.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com