DebugLevel

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Feb 21 02:08:29 CST 2005

On 2/20/05 6:47 PM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

Hi Claudius,

> I have following Code
>
>    if PrefDic.value("DatenbankDebug") then
>      Valentina.DebugLevel = EVDebugLevel.kLogParams
>      Valentina.FlushEachLog = true
>      Valentina.ThrowExceptions = false
>    else
>      Valentina.DebugLevel = EVDebugLevel.kLogNothing
>      Valentina.FlushEachLog = false
>      Valentina.ThrowExceptions = true
>    end if
>
> for speed testing I used
>
>    if PrefDic.value("DatenbankDebug") then
>      Valentina.DebugLevel = EVDebugLevel.kLogParams
>      //Valentina.FlushEachLog = true
>      //Valentina.ThrowExceptions = false
>    else
>      Valentina.DebugLevel = EVDebugLevel.kLogNothing
>      Valentina.FlushEachLog = false
>      Valentina.ThrowExceptions = true
>    end if
>
> but speed doesn't incease. Is it possible that I have to set it
> explicite because last setup was stored or is it always reset when I
> restart debug application?

Interesting question. not sure.

Claudius, if you quite RB and start it again, you EXACTLY will not have old
values.

In this case on default there is no flush on each log.
Does in this it is faster ?

If you set debuglevel = kLogNothing then what you see?

> I tested speed with importing complete database from textfile and save
> database as export to textfile. Both doesn't increase and aren't
> comparable with 1.10 (could be my fault, but I want to check at first
> working of new Logging-Functionality of V4RB2).

You complain on ImportText() speed?
On our kernel function ?
Hmm.

Igor have re-write it a week ago, and it is now quite fast.
I have not test it to 1.x although.

So what numbers you get for 1.x and 2.0 on import ?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com