DebugLevel

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Mon Feb 21 06:40:32 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

Am 21. Feb 2005 um 01:08 Uhr schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

> Interesting question. not sure.
>
> Claudius, if you quite RB and start it again, you EXACTLY will not
> have old
> values.

I only stopped Debug-Application but not RB. But at the moment I
believe problem is, that DebugLevel was noch changed.

> In this case on default there is no flush on each log.
> Does in this it is faster ?
> If you set debuglevel = kLogNothing then what you see?

I did. it is faster. But

>> I tested speed with importing complete database from textfile and save
>> database as export to textfile. Both doesn't increase and aren't
>> comparable with 1.10 (could be my fault, but I want to check at first
>> working of new Logging-Functionality of V4RB2).
>
> You complain on ImportText() speed?
> On our kernel function ?
> Hmm.
>
> Igor have re-write it a week ago, and it is now quite fast.
> I have not test it to 1.x although.
>
> So what numbers you get for 1.x and 2.0 on import ?

It was my fault bacause DebugLevel was on.
But with DebugLevel= kLogParams it works without it crashed application
with following ErrMessage.

An Exception of class VExceptions wasa not handled. Exception Message:
VarChar data "" is corrupted. Exception Error Number: 627971

(I can send you screenshot of errormessage if necessary).
I wrote my own routine. I read every row in an array and by Identifier
I knew what table I have to use. Then I parse every row and write it to
database with following Code

mydatabase.tablename.field.value=nthfield(RowString,";",4)

functionality crashed on a table with more than 7000 records always on
record 841. When Loggin is on. EveryThing works fine. No problems
during the last days, but when Logging is off it crashed 2 times I
tested.

bye

Claudius