DebugLevel

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Sun Feb 20 17:47:34 CST 2005

Hi,

I have following Code

   if PrefDic.value("DatenbankDebug") then
     Valentina.DebugLevel = EVDebugLevel.kLogParams
     Valentina.FlushEachLog = true
     Valentina.ThrowExceptions = false
   else
     Valentina.DebugLevel = EVDebugLevel.kLogNothing
     Valentina.FlushEachLog = false
     Valentina.ThrowExceptions = true
   end if

for speed testing I used

   if PrefDic.value("DatenbankDebug") then
     Valentina.DebugLevel = EVDebugLevel.kLogParams
     //Valentina.FlushEachLog = true
     //Valentina.ThrowExceptions = false
   else
     Valentina.DebugLevel = EVDebugLevel.kLogNothing
     Valentina.FlushEachLog = false
     Valentina.ThrowExceptions = true
   end if

but speed doesn't incease. Is it possible that I have to set it
explicite because last setup was stored or is it always reset when I
restart debug application?
I tested speed with importing complete database from textfile and save
database as export to textfile. Both doesn't increase and aren't
comparable with 1.10 (could be my fault, but I want to check at first
working of new Logging-Functionality of V4RB2).

At the moment I move most SQL-Strings from SourceCode into one Module
where I can get back SQLString by calling
SQLBuilder(index as integer, Param as boolean, CheckName as string) as
string
because a lot of SQLStrings are used more than one time and so I only
have to change coding at one place. Another reason is, I can test most
important SQLStrings by a small routine calling SQLBuilder index by

Thanks for help

Claudius