V4RB2 question for other testers about crashes

jda jda at his.com
Fri Feb 18 16:54:04 CST 2005

>Hi,
>
>one thing I am a little bit confused is the number of crashes
>without error message. As I found at the moment most of them are my
>faults because of coding, but I don't fall back to source Code.
>Application is crashing completely and I don't know why and where.
>
>What are your experiences? Are you having same reactions or not?
>Debugging is very very hard when you don't know where you have to
>look.
>Other experience is, that after crashing I can't use database again,
>because it seems that database is corrupt. After restarting
>application, application is crashing by the try to open database.
>When I delete Index and TempFile I get the message, database is
>still open by an other application. Is this also ofter happen or do
>I something wrong?

In my experience, most of the time I make a mistake coding Valentina
-> simply crashes, usually with a system log. Valentina doesn't
handle lots of these errors very gracefully.

Whether the database is trashed is really a function of the cause of
the crash. I had a bunch of crashes/trashed databases last week, but
since using b46 I haven't seen that.

I think your experiences are just like mine...

Jon