V4RB2 question for other testers about crashes

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 18 23:53:44 CST 2005

On 2/18/05 11:45 PM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

Hi Claudius,

> one thing I am a little bit confused is the number of crashes without
> error message. As I found at the moment most of them are my faults
> because of coding, but I don't fall back to source Code. Application is
> crashing completely and I don't know why and where.

Wait wait wait!
How this is you do not know where ?!
But why exists V4RB_Log file ?

You ca easy see the last methods that was called.
In case of crash, you need set Valentina.flushEachLog = true.
It is better set this just before lines that cause crash.

And IF you have found way to crash Valentina,
Even oif this is your coding mistake please TELL US what crash it.

> What are your experiences? Are you having same reactions or not?
> Debugging is very very hard when you don't know where you have to look.

V4RB_Log file!

> Other experience is, that after crashing I can't use database again,
> because it seems that database is corrupt. After restarting
> application, application is crashing by the try to open database. When
> I delete Index and TempFile I get the message, database is still open
> by an other application. Is this also ofter happen or do I something
> wrong?

Yes, db can be quite easy corrupted on crash yet.
This is known issue.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com