[V4RB] 2.0 b46 uploaded.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 16 18:28:37 CST 2005

Hi Jon,

> Are you creating files asynchronously? I ask because for the last few
> betas I get an error when I create a new db that replaces an old one
> -- File does not exist.

NOT asynchronously

> I found that when replacing an older file, immediately after
> db.create the RB debugger shows the folderItem does not exist! After
> a short time I recheck and now it exists.
>
> I can see this in your example, DB_CreateCloseOpen. If you run it
> once, it is fine. But if you create a new database, close it, and
> then create one *without throwing the old one away* you'll see the f
> -> does not exist right after this line:
>
> mDataBase.Create( f, EVDbMode.kDscDatBlbInd, 32 * 1024, EVOs.kDefault )
>
> To see, create a db, close it, then put a breakpoint at the line
> above. Create a new db, step through the mDataBase.Create line, then
> check for the existence of f in the debugger.
>
> I hope I am making myself clear.

I think all this is result of big "gifts" from Apple.

How to explain you....

You have see that I have spend a lots time with this FSRef.
Apple have provide strange non-consistent logic for
    EXISTED and non-EXISTED objects.

To make it working I was need write special wrapper around,
Watch with help of some bool flags and so on.

I think REAL have fight with the same problems.

Probably they recognize that object already exists with some delay.
This is not because asynchronously.
I think just in their code exists few branches of calls.
And at least one branch do not check if object already exists.
And other branch do this, so RB start to see object exists.

This is only assumption.
If it is correct then small bug present in the RB code.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com