[V4RB] 2.0 b46 uploaded.

jda jda at his.com
Wed Feb 16 08:08:32 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

Are you creating files asynchronously? I ask because for the last few
betas I get an error when I create a new db that replaces an old one
-- File does not exist.

I found that when replacing an older file, immediately after
db.create the RB debugger shows the folderItem does not exist! After
a short time I recheck and now it exists.

I can see this in your example, DB_CreateCloseOpen. If you run it
once, it is fine. But if you create a new database, close it, and
then create one *without throwing the old one away* you'll see the f
-> does not exist right after this line:

mDataBase.Create( f, EVDbMode.kDscDatBlbInd, 32 * 1024, EVOs.kDefault )

To see, create a db, close it, then put a breakpoint at the line
above. Create a new db, step through the mDataBase.Create line, then
check for the existence of f in the debugger.

I hope I am making myself clear.

Jon