last 3 Recoding-Problems

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Feb 12 10:06:01 CST 2005

On 2/12/05 9:56 AM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

>>     VObjectPtr(
>>         inName as String,
>>         inTarget as VTable,
>>         inOnDeletion as integer = 1,
>>         inFlags as Integer = 0)
>>
>> I.e. You can specify all required parameters in the single call
>
> problems seems to be fixed.
>
> but now I start Debug mode and got an Exception....
>
>        tmpDB = new VDataBase
>        tmpDB.Open(f)
>
> on tmpDB.Open(f)
>
> I also got LogFile. Where can I see reason for Exception?

1) if you port 1.x project then AT LEAST first time you will prefer to have

    Valentina.ThrowExceptions = false

And use old style db.errNumber.
Check this point.

2) if you want work with exceptions then you need have in the function
    catch block to catch Vexception.

    at least in debugger you can stop and see it.
    also you can show msgbox

3) another important point about LOGS see below

> Valentina_SetDebugLevel...
> PARAM: inLevel = 3
> return
>
> Valentina_Init...
> PARAM: inCacheSize = 20971520
> PARAM: inMacSN->CString() = "XXXXXXXXX"
> PARAM: inWinSN->CString() = ""
> return
>
> Valentina_GetCacheSize...
> return (int) AllocatedSize = 20975616
>
> Database_Ctor...
> PARAM: instance = 26491108
> return
>
> Database_Ctor1...
> PARAM: instance = 26491108
> PARAM: inStorageType = 0
> return
>
> Database_Open...
> PARAM: inDatabase = 26491108
> PARAM: pLocation->get_Path() =
> "MacOS_X:Users:claudius:Dokumente:RealBasic Claudius:MoneyControl
> DB:Entwicklung 5.X:Daten:MeineDatenbank"

This is all? Where is close() shutdown().

In any case.

LOG FILE in case of crash or such stop in debugger have not write to disk
LATEST portion of bytes. So you can force V4RB do this using

    Valentina.FlushEachLog = true

But this will slow down a lots.

But you can ON/OFF this around problematic code only

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com