[ANN] V4RB and V4MD 2.1 fc1 for MAC

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 27 19:57:53 CST 2005

On 12/27/05 7:30 PM, "Trevor DeVore" <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

>> This is all cool, but Apple PackageMaker do not allow do easy such
>> things.
>> At least I have not found how.
>>
>> I dream that Mac OS do have such installer as Windows have:
>>     "Inno Setup Compiler"
>>
>> Inno Setup is quite simple for use, and powerful.
>>
>> Good news are that PackageMaker is constantly improved by Apple.
>> But its main idea -- that you need prepare hierarchy on own
>> computer as it
>> will be on user computer is not comfortable. This add at least one
>> step.
>>
>> Inno Setup in contrast is able take files in their working
>> locations, and
>> build installer.
>
> Ruslan,
>
> Have you tried FileStorm Pro by MindVision?  I haven't found anything
> on OS X that compares to Inno Setup but this will at least let you
> create installers that don't require you to setup the hierarchy on
> your computer.  FileStorm is still a little rough around the edges
> but I imagine it would work well for the Valentina installer.

Yes we use FileStorm, but it ONLY create disk image.

    I have start use it when have found that any other tool/way
    do not give me control where picture and folders are located.

But FileStorm do not build packages, right?

So I use now 3 steps to produce build:

1) I use my RB-made internal app with simple GUI which allow me easy
    choose files/folder to praapre roots.

2) then PackageMaker build packages

3) then FileStorm builds disk image.

Comparing to ONE CLICK in InnoSetup to get installer this is not nice.

Also pain on MACOS  is that InnoSetup produce 2 times less archives!!!
    V4MD or V4RB WIN is only 4.5MB archive

But on MACOS archives are 8-9 MB. Because Apple use ZIP compression I think,
and Innosetup use probably RAR.