[V4RB] Vcomponents in package

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 13 10:06:58 CST 2005

On 12/13/05 7:25 AM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

Hi Claudius,

>> It just not work.
>>     Because MAC OS do not see shard libs inside of package.
>>     It see them in CFMSupport only.
>>
>> Only solution future -- switch V4RB to MACHO format (i.e. Refuse OS
>> 9).
>>

>> I have sent question to several MAC lists for help. So far no
>> response.
>
> IMHO this is not bad news. This is WORST CASE.
>
> When I want to use V4RB2 in future I have following solutions

> 1. Making installer which installs VComponents into /Library/CFMSupport
> 2. Making Installer which installs VComponents into /Users/name/
> Libraby/VComponents
> 3. Install VComponents into Application Folder

> When User has no admin rights solution 1 fails. :-((

Right. Then user will not try install there. Right ?

> So I have only solution 2 and 3 because in the past my users knew
> copy application to a new place and everything will run until before.

> For solution 2 and 3, how can I be sure that users installed correct?
> How can I check which VComponents the application uses (Is there some
> information in Logfile, if not it is extremely needed)
> When VComponents are installed at several places or at all
> possibilities, which one is used? Can I see that in Logfile?

Another nice idea was next:
we add property

    Valentina.VComponentsPath =
        "/Users/name/ApplicationSupport/MyApp/Components"

This feature can allow:
    - have different apps to have own folders with own names.

> Can I make check inside of RB-Application, whether VComponents is the
> correct one or not and give an Errormessage to the user?

> Can I get a checklist insode the RB-Application with the info of the
> version of all VComponents that I can see what could be the problem
> and get an infomessage what components are not working together #680?

Note here. We going to start add version number to names of shared libs as
on mac so on windows.

    vkernel_cw_21.shlb

This step will allow us to have on computer different VComponents folders
that keep different versions of dlls.

> Sorry but this bad news makes my application for the users much mor
> complex, they wasn't forced in the past to take care and I see a lot
> of problems and questions coming back to me ;-)

I understand Claudius.

> At the moment new version has no benefit for my users. When do you
> think that you will start optimizing coding for getting much more
> speed #641? Because to tell my users that application get also slower
> will kill next release.

I think you will need send us your application project,
So we will check YOUR operations and code.

As you could see, e.g. Stan says that he see up to 2 times speedup for his
application. So I want to see what you do and how.

Or may be we can make some test project with you, where you show
    -- this operation on v1 work N seconds
    -- the same on v2 works 2N seconds.

Because say: just optimize -- is too general.