[ANN] V4MD_WIN 2.0 b15 // installer

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 10 14:23:17 CDT 2004

On 9/10/04 2:14 PM, "Martin Kloss" <martin.kloss at gmx.de> wrote:

> At 13:04 10.09.2004, you wrote:
>>> will the components be needed in the final version?
>>
>> Yes of course, but for final we will make single file installer.
>
> what do you mean by "installer"? 99% of my clients require
> that NO files are installed to the users hard drive, everything
> stays on the cd-rom or dvd-rom.

I did mean installer of V4MD which YOU as developer will use.

>>> if so, how would you create a single file projector exe
>>> on a cd-rom?
>>
>> We will be able locate this folder in different places
>
> I still don't understand you. I want an app that I can
> deliver with just a single "exe" file.

This will not be possible, Martin.

> At runtime the exe
> will extract all Xtras into a temp directory and clean them
> up when closed.

This is standard behavior of Director projector ???

I have see that V4MD developer build projector as

    Myproejctor folder
        projector.exe
        PPC xtras
        Carbon Xtras
        Win Extras

Yes, I think this is way of external extras...

> That's possible with every Director Xtra now, because you only have a single
> ".x32" file that you can include in the Director projector, so it will not be
> visible to the end-user.

V4MD will differ now

> How would that be possible with the components folder?

No way.

> I don't have and don't want any folders whatsoever? And how will the Xtra for
> Shockwave be delivered?

But SW is quite different.

Only client will be SW safe. V4MD_Client.
It is small and it is single file, Martin. 300-400KB.
Because all it do -- talk to Valentina Server.

Well, yes other Xtras are all single files as you say.
But for example ADO require Access to be run. Right?
And other db-connectivity xtras.

Valentina now is very very big engine.
And the main -- it uses IBM ICU library, which is even bigger
of Valentina itself. This is why we must have separate folder.

You should become used to this.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com