[ANN] V4MD_WIN 2.0 b15 // installer

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Fri Sep 10 13:41:43 CDT 2004

At 13:23 10.09.2004, you wrote:
> > I still don't understand you. I want an app that I can
> > deliver with just a single "exe" file.
>
>This will not be possible, Martin.

Really? Ouch, I think this will make a huge difference
for Director developers. But the components folder
can be on the cd-rom medium, it doesn't have to
be on the local hard drive, right?

> > At runtime the exe
> > will extract all Xtras into a temp directory and clean them
> > up when closed.
>
>This is standard behavior of Director projector ???

Well, it's one option, you can either have all the files
in a single exe file (self-contained) or use an external
folder with the Xtras in it.

>Valentina now is very very big engine.

Yeah, I can see that. It's a shame, because I like the
new features and structure of V4MD, but I will probably
not be able to use 2.0 in some cases, because of size
limitations and when I just need to distribute a single file.

Martin.

Martin Kloss
"Everybody is somebody else's weirdo."

Like the author? Buy the book: