[ANN] V4MD_WIN 2.0 beta 15 uploaded

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Fri Sep 10 13:14:30 CDT 2004

At 13:04 10.09.2004, you wrote:
> > will the components be needed in the final version?
>
>Yes of course, but for final we will make single file installer.

what do you mean by "installer"? 99% of my clients require
that NO files are installed to the users hard drive, everything
stays on the cd-rom or dvd-rom.

> > if so, how would you create a single file projector exe
> > on a cd-rom?
>
>We will be able locate this folder in different places

I still don't understand you. I want an app that I can
deliver with just a single "exe" file. At runtime the exe
will extract all Xtras into a temp directory and clean them
up when closed. That's possible with every Director Xtra
now, because you only have a single ".x32" file that you
can include in the Director projector, so it will not be visible
to the end-user. How would that be possible with the
components folder? I don't have and don't want any
folders whatsoever? And how will the Xtra for Shockwave
be delivered?

Martin.

Martin Kloss
"Everybody is somebody else's weirdo."