JDBC Question

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Thu Sep 9 21:54:59 CDT 2004

Hi,

this is not a licensing error! Please give some more information about
your system. As i see
you are running on Windows, right? Which version? Which version of java
is installed on your system?

If this has worked one month ago and now it does not then i believe
that there must be something wrong - or
something changed - on your side - because VJDK was not updated during
the last month.

Am 09.09.2004 um 21:40 schrieb Mike Dalsey:

> Hi -
>
> I'm trying to connect to a Valentina database using JDBC.  I'm trying
> to run the examples that came with the jdbc download and I'm running
> into a problem.  I connect to the database ok, but I get this error
> (running Second_Example.java):
>
> Connect: guest to second_example
> New SystemResultSet
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>   at
> com.paradigmasoft.valentina.vjdbc.SystemResultSet.makeSetOfTables(Syste
> mResultSet.java:2606)
>   at
> com.paradigmasoft.valentina.vjdbc.DatabaseMetaData.getTables(DatabaseMe
> taData.java:907)
>   at Second_Example.<init>(Second_Example.java:20)
>   at Second_Example.main(Second_Example.java:52)
>

> Am I doing anything wrong?  I'm pretty sure my classpath is correct
> (VJBC.jar is in it) and I've got vjdk.dll in my jdk bin directory.
>
> I downloaded this about a month ago and it worked at that point.  Is
> this a licensing issue?  If so, what will I need to do?

Jochen Peters
PIIT GmbH