JDBC Question

Mike Dalsey mike at roundboxmedia.com
Thu Sep 9 15:40:00 CDT 2004

Hi -

I'm trying to connect to a Valentina database using JDBC.  I'm trying to
run the examples that came with the jdbc download and I'm running into a
problem.  I connect to the database ok, but I get this error (running
Second_Example.java):

Connect: guest to second_example
New SystemResultSet
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at
com.paradigmasoft.valentina.vjdbc.SystemResultSet.makeSetOfTables(SystemResultSet.java:2606)

   at
com.paradigmasoft.valentina.vjdbc.DatabaseMetaData.getTables(DatabaseMetaData.java:907)

   at Second_Example.<init>(Second_Example.java:20)
   at Second_Example.main(Second_Example.java:52)

Am I doing anything wrong?  I'm pretty sure my classpath is correct
(VJBC.jar is in it) and I've got vjdk.dll in my jdk bin directory.

I downloaded this about a month ago and it worked at that point.  Is
this a licensing issue?  If so, what will I need to do?

Thanks for any help.

Mike Dalsey