STATUS of next beta

Erik Mueller-Harder valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com
Fri Oct 1 08:16:35 CDT 2004

Thanks for the update, Ruslan.  Sounds like it should be a great
release!

> 1) yesterday I have stick in nasty bug in V4RB examples:
>     some of them call DebugLEvel before Valentina Init

We could each correct these for ourselves, of course, but it will be
nice to have them "officially" fixed.  Thanks!

> I have update my CW MAC project to use ICU 3.0

It's always good to be up-to-date, of course.  Just curious, though:
are there any specific benefits or differences we should be on the
lookout for?

> 2) I have create draft example using non-SQL API to test string
> searches
> And index by words also.
>
> I have found that we have no comfortable easy non-SQL functions for
> this.
>
> So today all our team put efforts to implement this new API
>
>     Vstring.FindLike()
>     Vstring.FindRegEx()
>
>     Vstring.FindBeginsWith()
>     Vstring.FindContains()
>     Vstring.FindEndsWith()
>
> Each function in ideal must have 2 branches, one for indexed and other
> for
> non-indexed search.

Oh, I'm very much looking forward to testing these.  Great!!

Just out of curiouslity, has any progress been made vis a vis the
truncation of modified VarChar fields?  (I reported this on Sept.
20th.)

Many thanks, Ruslan!

-- Erik