STATUS of next beta

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 1 15:25:48 CDT 2004

On 10/1/04 3:16 PM, "Erik Mueller-Harder"
<valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the update, Ruslan.  Sounds like it should be a great
> release!
>
>> 1) yesterday I have stick in nasty bug in V4RB examples:
>>     some of them call DebugLEvel before Valentina Init
>
> We could each correct these for ourselves, of course, but it will be
> nice to have them "officially" fixed.  Thanks!

And I believe I did this job ... May be some examples I have miss.
And this have bring me yesterday cool dancing.  :-)

>> I have update my CW MAC project to use ICU 3.0
>
> It's always good to be up-to-date, of course.  Just curious, though:
> are there any specific benefits or differences we should be on the
> lookout for?

You -- no.

Just MacOS 10.5 also will include 3.0 release of ICU.
I think they have fix bugs there, may be some improvements.

>> 2) I have create draft example using non-SQL API to test string
>> searches
>> And index by words also.
>>
>> I have found that we have no comfortable easy non-SQL functions for
>> this.
>>
>> So today all our team put efforts to implement this new API
>>
>>     Vstring.FindLike()
>>     Vstring.FindRegEx()
>>
>>     Vstring.FindBeginsWith()
>>     Vstring.FindContains()
>>     Vstring.FindEndsWith()
>>
>> Each function in ideal must have 2 branches, one for indexed and other
>> for non-indexed search.
>
> Oh, I'm very much looking forward to testing these.  Great!!

Yes, and this will work with sets.
I think most people will find this very useful and more easier for use than
SQL queries. Besides I am going implement support of this operations
directly in the indexes on low level. So it should be even more effective
than in 1.x.

> Just out of curiouslity, has any progress been made vis a vis the
> truncation of modified VarChar fields?  (I reported this on Sept.
> 20th.)

I remember it.

On hold.

I believe that Index By words this is the last big task for us.
After it we simply will start add more and more examples and fix such bugs.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com