[V4RB] Valentina 2.0 installation // RESUME.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 11 22:51:41 CDT 2004

On 5/11/04 9:28 PM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

> When I can generate an app and also hold the VComponents in the
> Application Folder, than I can say to the users this is necessary that
> this is all together, but when they have to install something in
> /Library/CFMSupport this will be a little bit a problem, because it
> brings much more possible problems to me to support users by handling
> their problems.
>
> But to shorten this discussion, the best solution would be a
> description what possibilities would work. For me as an Single-User-App
> Programmer it is necessary that as less as possible files the user need
> to handle und install.
> At the moment he has only to unpack a file and move it to the place he
> wants. Klick on the Icon and it works. Moves the folder to an other
> place and it works. Easy handling. I believe!!

Okay guys:

RESUME:

We will have at least 3 options

A) install Vcomponents folder into app folder.

    but note this is old OS 9 way.
    Apple for OS X have invent new way - Packages. So

B) PACKAGES.

    If somebody do now know what is this then please do next:
    find app Valentina Studio, or iTunes or iMovie or REALbasic 5.5 itself

    click by mouse on app to open context menu
    choose here item "Show package context"

    you will see a miracle :-)
    file of application will become a folder.

    go inside of that folder and you will find here how
    modern Apple Application must looks.

Btw, if talk about Packages.
It is task of REALbasic to build applications as packages.

If REALbasic 5.5 cannot do that then we all must press them to implement
this feature. CodeWarrior and xCode do this.

C) Vcomponents folder is in some central places.
    Some developers/app/solutions may find this better.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com