V4RB b9 uploaded

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jul 22 21:48:39 CDT 2004

>> Actually on 2.0 left() in the sense of Valentina 1.x
>> Is not implemented yet.
>>
>> BY THE WAY:
>>
>>     if you have LIKE in your code
>>     then you should change it on REGEX
>>

> Sorry, I don't know what you mean by that. I do use LIKE frequently.
> What do I have to do in my code to convert from 1.x to 2.x?

Valentina 2.0 will use SQL 92 syntax and rules for LIKE.

    fld LIKE '__fff%'

So we cannot use anymore LIKE with sense of Valentina 1.x.
To resolve this we have now new key word REGEX

You need simple do find/replace in all your project and replace
    LIKE -> REGEX

> Jon
>
> P.S. I can compile and run my project, for the first time.
> Congratulations! I don't get any warnings or errors about the TT
> alias plug-in.

When you start COMPILED app, yes?

> I'm also having some problem saving and retrieving
> some data in my Preferences database -- once I track that down I'll
> get back to you (off-list).

Ok, btw, I did not test your prefs window.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com