V4RB b9 uploaded

jda jda at his.com
Thu Jul 22 14:59:32 CDT 2004

>  > P.S. I can compile and run my project, for the first time.
>>  Congratulations! I don't get any warnings or errors about the TT
>>  alias plug-in.
>
>When you start COMPILED app, yes?

Yes, the compiled app launches fine.

>>  I'm also having some problem saving and retrieving
>>  some data in my Preferences database -- once I track that down I'll
>>  get back to you (off-list).
>
>Ok, btw, I did not test your prefs window.

I think I see the problem.

In 1.x I passed a variant to Valentina, which was clever enough to
figure it out:

prefsDB.prefs.Field(fldToUpdate).SetString(updateInfo) //updateInfo
is a variant

Now, when I pass it a string of numbers, it seems to store only half
the data, each byte being preceded by a null byte (I assume it's
UTF-16).

So, in 2.0, do I need to convert the variant to it's correct type
before storing it in a Valentina database? Or is this something
you'll be fixing (it's convenient, of course, to have Valentina do
the conversion for you, but easy to work around if you're not going
to change the current 2.x behavior).

Jon