locked records

jda jda at his.com
Thu Dec 30 07:49:31 CST 2004

>Hello jda,
>
>Wednesday, December 29, 2004, 3:50:15 PM, you wrote:
>

>j> Hi Ruslan,
>
>j> I've run across a situation where can't make a cursor because  a
>j> "record (null) is locked in the table "mytable".
>
>j> I've quit my app and opened the database -- I get the same error.
>j> Shouldn't locked records revert to unlocked when the db is closed? If
>j> so, either that isn't happening in this case, or the error message is
>j> incorrect.
>
>j> Jon
>j> _______________________________________________
>j> Valentina-beta mailing list
>j> Valentina-beta at lists.macserve.net
>
>That is strange.
>Could you give me an error code and message.
>And the simple project with this problem?

The error message was

"record (null) is locked in the table "mytable"

I'm afraid that I tried to debug this database, and in the course of
that the index became totally trashed and wouldn't open at all.

I don't know the steps to reproduce this, but it happens to me
regularly (when I've created a new database and worked with it for
about 10 minutes). I'll try to see if I can figure out the pattern
and let you know.

Jon