[SJHS-Swim] State Finishes for Matt and Natalie

Thornburg, Darlene dthornburg at thornburgsfamily.com
Tue Feb 19 10:57:59 CST 2013

Wow!
What a great night Matt and Natalie had Friday (2/15).
Matt finished in the top 20 in the 100 Freestyle with a 49.51, but the
competition was stiff and he just missed making that cut for the top 16 as the
top 16-25 places all finished between 49.27-49.95!  It was an incredibly
fast race and so much fun to watch.  I know Matt had a great time and it
was a joy to see him enjoy his last High School meet.  We wish him luck in
his upcoming US meets.

Natalie came out strong and swam great, she finished in the top 16 in
both races
and is returning tonight to the finals, we couldn't be more excited.  She
had a great start to the evening with the 200 IM with a 2:10.9, and
finished the evening with the 100 Breaststroke and a 1:06.41.  She
will swim again
tonight and certainly looks forward to two more great swims.  What
afantastic way to end her first experience
at the State Championships!

I'll let you know the final results after tonight.

Carpe Lacus!
Coach Ross