Hosted Report with ODBC Datasource

Daniel Fritzsche d.fritzsche at varcess.com
Tue May 27 03:35:41 CDT 2014

Hi,

I am using a valentina embedded server with a report (named „Dokument“) which makes use of an odbc-datasource (d3p). The project is hosted on the valentina Server. When I am trying to create the report in xojo I always get a NILObjectException. When I use a report with a valentina-db datasource (universal_report example) everything works fine. Because I haven’t found a datasource string for odbc-databases I tried a little bit but without success.

How do I have to set the database string to work with odbc databases?

Report = „Dokument"
Database = "odbc://dsn=d3p“
Statement = „SELECT * FROM TABLE5"

 mReport = mProject.MakeNewReport(  Report, Database, Statement )

Best regards
Daniel