VDN - VException thrown but no error message

Johnny Harris johnny at southshore.com
Thu Mar 27 07:04:00 CDT 2014

From: Ivan Smahin
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:38 AM
To: Valentina Developers
Subject: Re: VDN - VException thrown but no error message

On Mar 27, 2014, at 1:32 PM, Johnny Harris <johnny at southshore.com> wrote:

  From: Ivan Smahin
  Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:24 AM
  To: Valentina Developers

  On Mar 27, 2014, at 1:06 PM, Johnny Harris <johnny at southshore.com> wrote:

    Good Day everyone,

    Well I checked and the vresources folder is where it should be and the .xml files do exist, but I’m still not getting any error messages.

    Error messages with Xojo are the same, so it must be an installation problem.

    Does a server connection use the same .xml files for error messages? I’m getting error messages when connected to VServer.

    Would anyone have any other ideas?

  You can check opened files by vServer to see where errors are loaded from.
  We are looking for error description files either in app folder or in "program_files" folder.

  One more idea to check is:
  \Program Files (x86)\Paradigma Software\VComponents_Win_VC\vresources\en

  for x32 apps

I mean 64-bit Windows:

/Program Files/ ... - for 64-bit stuff
/Program Files (x86)/ ... - for 32-bit stuff

Ahhh... that makes sense. I think I may need more coffee.

I’ll check it out some more after work today.

Thanks Ivan...

Johnny Harris