VDN - VException thrown but no error message

Johnny Harris johnny at southshore.com
Mon Mar 24 19:45:10 CDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

I’m working on creating a class in VB.Net (2013) for connecting to both Valentina Server and a Valentina Database file.

When I’m connected to the server VException returns a descriptive error message.

When I’m connected to a file database
an exception is thrown, but the error message is blank.

I’m assuming the file database should return more than a blank message.

I’ve tested this by running a query where the SQL statement contains a field that does not exist in the table.

Am I missing something that is causing the file database to not return an error message?
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Johnny Harris