Your Input on User Forums Needed - Only Happens Once a Decade ; -)

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Thu Jul 31 10:01:47 CDT 2014

On Jul 31, 2014, at 10:51 AM, Lynn Fredricks <lfredricks at proactive-intl.com> wrote:

> I believe we'd probably keep both the mailing list and the forums, and the
> mailing list would be used for beta testing (among other things). Some
> people don't really care for forums (and his initials are RZ ;-)) but forums
> do have certain advantages when it comes to following threads.

It makes perfect sense that RZ would prefer the list because he only answers questions.  (Very well I might add...) RZ does not have problems with the need to search back in time to see if others have asked about it.  For instance, at this time, I know that there was interesting discussion about using VServer for testing a single-client app, but searching the mail archives is a futile endeavor.   Had that discussion been on a forum, I could easily search out the discussion and learn from it.

If the mail list was online in a decent searchable form, I would be happy.  But, at least the last time I looked, all you could do is download the zipped archive of the emails month by month.  That is not exactly user-friendly.

There is good information going fallow in the email list.

Steve

--
Steve Albin, Montclair, NJ
http://www.steve-albin.com